It's opening day at the Penticton Peach Festival and we whipped up a list of the Top 5 things not to miss today.
1. The Home Hardware Kids Zone opens for the first of three days in Gyro Park, from 9 a.m. to noon. There is free entertainment, activities and pony rides for $5. Kiki the Eco Elf was extremely popular at last year's Kids Zone and she returns to the stage at 10:40 a.m. on Wednesday.
2. The Skyhawks Parachute Team will be performing in Okanagan Lake Park at noon to 1 p.m. and again at 5 to 6 p.m. If you catch them at their early jump you can get up close and personal with the parachute team at the autograph session in Okanagan Lake Park at 2 p.m.
3. Racers take your marks, get your cameras set and be ready to yell go, go, go as teams dash and crash their way down the 100 block of Main Street and back to the start line. The annual Peach Bin Races takes place at 12:15 p.m. Grand prize is a free parade entry for the parade on Saturday and, of course, bragging rights.
4. It is London Drugs Seniors Day at Okanagan Lake Park from noon to 2 p.m. Entertainment includes the SkyHawks, Get Bent Belly Dancers and the Gary Leggett Jazz Ensemble. Free bingo, Miss Penticton candidates will be serving free cake and refreshments and there are door prizes and two tickets to see Celtic Thunder at the South Okanagan Events Centre to be won!
5. You won’t be doing your rock n roll duty unless you get down to the park to see headliner Kim Mitchell! The three-time Juno Award winner will surely pack Okanagan Lake Park so make sure you get down early to get a good spot before he hits the stage at 9:30 p.m.
Click here for the link to today's schedule for Okanagan Lake Park, and remember all the entertainment is free — no tickets required!