We are into Day 3 at the Penticton Peach Festival. Here are your Top 5 things not to miss for Aug. 10.
1. The Seattle All City Marching Band performs in Okanagan Lake Park from 5:30 to 6 p.m.
Established in 1951 the band has entertained millions of people at parades and community events. The band brings together students from high schools throughout the greater Seattle area to entertain in upwards of 20 parades and community celebrations each summer.
Their energetic performances and choreography has gained hundreds of first place awards. They are taught by a staff of alumni from college and university band programs from around the U.S.
2. It is the final day for the Home Hardware Kid Zone at Gyro Park from 9 a.m. to noon.Fun activities for the kids, including the Penticton Public Library storytime and puppet show corner, reptile petting zoo, pony rides ($5) and you can visit with the cute goats.
Singer Aleena Proteau hits the stage at 9 a.m., followed by Mat Duffus at 9:30 a.m., the Black Widow Rope Spinners at 10:15 a.m., Kiki the Eco Elf at 10:30 a.m. (stick around for kid joke time, it’s hilarious) and the Boundless Belly Dance group finishes off the morning entertainment at 11:30 a.m.
3. It is Tribute Night, sponsored by Re/Max, in Okanagan Lake Park. Catch Petty Fever (Tom Petty tribute) from 6 to 7 p.m., Eagle Eyes (Eagles tribute) from 7:35 to 8:50 p.m. and High Voltage (AC/DC tribute) from 9:30 to 11 p.m. This is always a popular evening in our park, so pack your lawn chairs and make sure you get there early for a good seat.
4. Have you been down to the park for lunch or dinner? Come check out our awesome lineup of food vendors where you can grab an ice cold drink and ice cream dessert as well. We have everything from event staples like fries and mini doughnuts to crepes and food trucks serving up their original creations. While you are visiting, be sure to check out the merchant vendors as well!
5. A new Miss Penticton and her two princesses will be crowned tonight at the Cleland Theatre (325 Power St.). Tickets for the event are available at the door. The newly crowned royalty will make their first official appearance at the Peters Bros. Grand parade on Saturday.
Click here for the link to today's schedule for Okanagan Lake Park, and remember all the entertainment in Okanagan Lake Park is free — no tickets required!