Saturday is one of our favourite Peach Festival days, here are six reasons why:
1. What’s Peach Festival without taking in the Peters Brothers Grand Parade? One of the largest in B.C.;s interior parades we have over 100 entries into today’s parade. The festivities begin at 10 a.m .on Main Street and Eckhart Avenue.
Meet the newly crowned royalty (Princess Sarah Wood, Princess Nyah Meller and Queen Brooklyn Adams) who will be riding on the Penticton Peach Festival float.
2. The Central Okanagan Dog Agility pups take over Okanagan Lake Park from noon to 1 p.m. Watch them race through tunnels, weave around poles and run up ramps on the obstacle course. If you miss them, they will be in Okanagan Lake Park again on Sunday from 1:35 to 2:35 p.m.
3 Sheila Bishop Memorial Wood Bat Tournament takes place at Lions Park with proceeds going to a local family in need. Stop by the park and grab a drink from the beverage garden and watch some fun-filled ball games. This tournament is held annually in memory of Sheila Bishop who was an avid ball player. If you get there at, you can take in the home run hitting contest. There is also raffle tables and a silent auction.
4. Watch some of the top BMX and skateboarders in the province compete head to head at the Pentown Throwdown at the Penticton Youth Park on Riverside Drive. The one-day event is free to watch and takes place from noon to 6 p.m. Hungry? Stop in and purchase a hot dog or hamburger, all the proceeds go to the YES Youth Project.
5. Today is the final day to catch the mega motocross Sledgehammers Fully Stoked event taking place in front of Okanagan Lake Park. Remember the louder the crowd is, the more pumped up they get to ride and the bigger the jumps and tricks get. Performances are at 1:05 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
6. George Canyon has won Juno Awards, Canadian Country Music Association Awards and ECMA Awards, has recorded 12 albums and regularly performs all over the world, as well has acted in a number of films, TV shows and stage plays. He steps on to the Peters Bros. main stage in Okanagan Lake Park at 9:30 p.m.
Click here for the link to today's schedule for Okanagan Lake Park, and remember all the entertainment in Okanagan Lake Park is free — no tickets required!