Jennifer Casey Memorial Peach Bin Races
Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2021.
Race starts 12:00 p.m.
Grand prize is a FREE parade entry for the Peters Bros. Grand Parade on Saturday, Aug. 7, 2021 and notoriety!!
To honor Jennifer Casey, a member of the Snowbirds who lost her life while on Operation Inspiration in 2020, Peachfest has renamed one of its long-running events, The Jennifer Casey Memorial Peach Bin Race. The race is held annually on the opening day of the festival. Jennifer competed, as a member of the Snowbirds Team, in the 2019 Peach Bin Race. Peachfest pays homage to her and to what the Snowbirds represent to Canadians.
We are looking for individuals and companies to partake in the 6th annual Peach Bin Races! Teams sponsor a peach bin, retrofit it with whatever mechanical or aesthetic stylings they see fit then race it down Main Street for glory!
Join us for the kick-off to Peachfest.
- Deadline: July 28, 2021 – Teams to be registered with the Downtown Penticton Association. The registration form is found at the bottom of this page.
- Bin Pickup: bins are provided by request and based on availability. Please call to arrange pick-up at 250-493-8540
- Want to get creative? You can build your own bin! The dimensions to follow are four feet by four feet and three feet deep.
- Race Day: Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2021
- Line up: noon
- Race Start: 12:15 p.m.
- Entry Fee: $50 (plus GST) – which includes advertising for their company at all upcoming events leading to PeachFest
Rules and Regulations
- No motorized vehicles
- Someone must ride in the Peach Bin
- Helmets must be worn while riding in Peach Bin Races
- No food or glass bottled drinks during the Peach Bin Races
- Submit payment with application (Visa/MC, e-transfer, cheques, cash – cheques payable to Downtown Penticton Association)
The Peach Bin races are sponsored by the Downtown Penticton Association. Fill out the entry form below OR print off the form and either: drop it off at the Downtown Penticton Association office at #3-212 Main Street, or scan and email it to [email protected]. For more information call 250-493-8540 or email [email protected].
The grand prize is free parade entry for the Peters Bros. Grand Parade on Aug. 7, 2021. The Downtown Penticton Association will donate all the entry fees from the Peach Bin applicants to the winner’s charity of choice!
Dates + Times
Wednesday, Aug 4, 2021