Where is Penticton? When is Peachfest? How much does Peachfest cost? Where can I stay during Peachfest? Where will I find Peachfest in Penticton? Look below for answers to commonly asked questions about the Penticton Peach Festival.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where is Penticton?
A: Penticton sits between Okanagan Lake and Skaha Lake in the beautiful southern Okanagan Valley.
- Q: How do I get to Penticton?
A: Penticton airport receives three flights a day from Vancouver and is home to many private companies that service charter flights and scenic flights. Highway 97 is the major north/south highway from the Canada/US border to Central British Columbia and it passes through Penticton. Highway 3 is the major east/west highway and passes just to the south of Penticton where it connects with highway 97.
- Q: When is Penticton Peach Festival held?
A: Penticton Peach Festival always begins the Wednesday after the BC long weekend and closes after the last act on the following Sunday.
- Q: Where in Penticton will I find the festival?
A: Penticton Peach Festival is held in several locations within Penticton:
- The main stage and vendors are located in Okanagan Lake Park.
- Shooting Star Amusements are located in Rotary Park and information on prices can be found on their website. All these parks are nearby each other.
- The Sheila Bishop Memorial Wooden Bat Slo-pitch Tournament is held in Lion’s Park.
- The sandcastle competition is held on the Thursday afternoon at Skaha Beach. Registration is between 4:00pm and 4:30pm at Skaha Beach on the afternoon of the competition.
- The Square Dance Festival is held at the Seniors’ Drop-in Centre, 2965 South Main Street, Penticton, from Wednesday through to Saturday.
- The Pentown Throwdown for skateboarders and BMX riders is held at the Youth Skateboard Park on Riverside Drive.
- Q: What does Peach Festival cost?
A: We do not charge an entry fee to any of the parks.
- Q: Is seating and shade provided?
A: We encourage all visitors to wear sun screen, a sun hat and bring a lawn chair. Thanks to Valley First Credit Union and Prospera Credit Union, we're able to offer their tents for shade.
- Q: Can I bring my dog to Peach Festival?
A: Peach Festival is created for families, so for the safety of all festival goers, please leave your dog at home.
- Q: Where can I park?
A: Penticton is a very walkable city. We encourage you to leave the car at home and walk to the various sites and/or use public transit. Check the late night bus service specifically put on for Peach Festival attendees..
- Q: Where are the nearest hotels, motels and campgrounds?
A: Penticton & Wine Country Tourism can answer all your accommodation questions, visit their website at: www.tourismpenticton.com