Thursday, August 10, 2017
Skaha Beach, Penticton.
This competition is great fun to watch, and more fun to participate! Don’t forget to bring your cameras!
Sandcastle Competition Information & Registration
- At the Beach: 4:00pm near the sun dial on Thursday, August 10, 2017
- Sculpture Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Kids sculpture time: 5:30pm - 6:30pm
- Corporate/Business Challenge Team: (8 Adults max, unlimited kids under 12) $50
- Family & Friends Team: (6 Adults max, unlimited kids under 12) $25
- Youth Team: (Age 13 - 16) $20
- Kid’s Team: (Age 12 and under) $10
(Kids category will get a 10ft x 10ft square plot and will be allowed to build for one hour, after which their sculpture will be judged and the winning prize awarded. If parents wish to direct children’s activities, please enter the Family Team category.)
Cheques payable to Penticton Community Projects Society
- Sculptures are judged on:
- Best Use of Plot (5 points)
- Artistic Content (20 points)
- Intricacy (20 points)
- Discretionary (5 points)
- All materials included in the final sculpture must be environmentally friendly materials (pebbles, pinecones)
- Forms and plastic materials used making the sculpture must be removed prior to final judging
- Decisions of the judges are final
The 2017 Sandcastle competition sponsored by RONA, in conjunction with the Penticton Peach Festival, is great fun to watch and even more fun to participate in.
Sandcastle registration Here
Sandcastle Competition Form Download