- 4 p.m. near the sundial on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2023
- Sculpture Time: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Kids sculpture time: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Corporate/Business Challenge Team: (eight adults max, unlimited kids under 12 years old) $50
- Family & Friends Team: (one adult, unlimited kids under 15 years old) $25
- Youth Team: (Age 13 – 16) $20
- Kid’s Team: (Age 12 and under) $10
(Kids category will get a 10ft x 10ft square plot and will be allowed to build for one hour, after which their sculpture will be judged and the winning prize awarded. If parents wish to direct children’s activities, please enter the Family Team category.)
Cheques payable to Penticton Community Projects Society
- Corporate/Business Challenge Team – $500 to charity of choice
- Family/Friends team – $200
- Youth Team – $200
- Kids Team – $100
Registration begins at 4PM, teams must be registered to participate. Kids sculpture time is 5:30-6:30 p.m. and all other teams sculpture time is 5:30-7:30 p.m. Judging takes place at 7:30 p.m.
Sculptures are judged on:
- Best Use of Plot (5 points)
- Artistic Content (20 points)
- Intricacy (20 points)
- Discretionary (5 points)
All materials included in the final sculpture must be environmentally friendly materials (pebbles, pinecones)
Forms and plastic materials used making the sculpture must be removed prior to final judging
Decisions of the judges are final.
The 2022 Sandcastle competition sponsored by Greyback Construction, in conjunction with PeachFest, is great fun to watch and even more fun to participate in. Thank you to our other generous sponsors Chamberlain Property Group, Skaha Hills, Larsens’ Trail Tire Auto Centers.
Dates + Times
Thursday, Aug 10, 2023
Skaha Beach near the sundial.