- 4 p.m. near the sundial on Thursday, Aug. 4, 2022
- Sculpture Time: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Kids sculpture time: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Corporate/Business Challenge Team: (eight adults max, unlimited kids under 12 years old) $50
- Family & Friends Team: (one adult, unlimited kids under 15 years old) $25
- Youth Team: (Age 13 – 16) $20
- Kid’s Team: (Age 12 and under) $10
(Kids category will get a 10ft x 10ft square plot and will be allowed to build for one hour, after which their sculpture will be judged and the winning prize awarded. If parents wish to direct children’s activities, please enter the Family Team category.)
Cheques payable to Penticton Community Projects Society
Registration begins at 4PM, teams must be registered to participate.
Sculptures are judged on:
- Best Use of Plot (5 points)
- Artistic Content (20 points)
- Intricacy (20 points)
- Discretionary (5 points)
All materials included in the final sculpture must be environmentally friendly materials (pebbles, pinecones)
Forms and plastic materials used making the sculpture must be removed prior to final judging
Decisions of the judges are final.
The 2022 Sandcastle competition sponsored by Penticton Toyota, Greyback Construction and Larsens Excel Tire Centre, in conjunction with PeachFest, is great fun to watch and even more fun to participate in.
Dates + Times
Thursday, Aug 4, 2022
Skaha Beach near the sundial.